1. Take stock of what is truly important in your life.
2. Accept compromise and tolerate the persistent differences.
3. Identify and separate your frustrations.
4. Catch your partner doing something right.
5. Research consistently shows that touching more creates a stronger bond by releasing oxytocin.
6. Learn how to agree to disagree.
7. Sometimes it’s not about the amount of money you spend on a gift; it’s about the thought that goes into something.
8. For men, it’s important to understand that women want to be listened to.
9. Surprise your partner with thoughtfulness.
10. Carve out “couple time” your partner will enjoy.
11. Before reacting angrily, count to ten.
12. Negotiate an unconventional place to discuss contentious issues.
13. Love your marriage by first taking care of yourself
14. Recognize that your husband or wife is mirroring back to you who you are.
15. Take time to have some fun together every day!
16. Before you get mad or assign blame, take a breath and ask your partner for his or her perspective.
17. Make a list of three of the happiest moments in your marriage.
18. You can change your relationship for the better by increasing the use of the following statements
19. Appreciate your partner at least five times each day.
20. Take a time out.
21. When you know you have made a mistake, apologize.
22. Provide support, solutions are secondary.
23. Deeply listen to your partner.
24. Compliment your spouse everyday!
25. Create a clear vision of your shared future together.
26. Censor every impulse to blame or criticize your partner.
27. You need to date your mate.
28. One of the most important factors in a good marriage is respect.
29. Set aside 10 minutes a day to talk to your partner.
30. A strong marriage is a partnership in trust.