Spending your life with someone you love it is very important that you should find ways to save your relationship so you do not simply allow yourselves to grow apart like so many relationships do.
Even if your relationship is not on bad footing, there is a good chance that you could be doing things better. It is far to easy to get comfortable with your beloved to the point where you forget to have fun or forget why you got together in the first place. Once that flame starts to burn out it is hard to get it back.
5 Ways to save a relationship:
1. Take care of yourself. When you were first dating you probably spent hours picking out the right outfit and doing your hair before a date. Try not to let that excitement fade away. Get dressed up once in a while. Prepare yourself to look good for your spouse and for yourself.
2. Schedule real dates. Whether it is work or family or just plain fatigue, many couples fall into the ‘we never go out anymore’ trap. Everyone is busy, but that is no excuse to not make time to be with just each other. Schedule a day and force yourself to go out, no matter how tired you feel.
3. Find a hobby that you can do together. It might sound silly, but learning something new together can bring you close and add some fun to your life. Try to steer clear of things that will add stress, like home improvements. Instead, look for fun hobbies or sports that you can learn and then do together regularly.
4. Get over the little things. No one is perfect, no one! — so stop expecting your partner to be perfect. They are going to annoy you from time to time. But remember that you love this person and that love has to be stronger than the anger you feel when the cap gets left off the toothpaste or your beloved leaves the towel on the floor of the bathroom again. These are not big deals, but when you focus on them they feel huge. Let it roll off and you will be happier for it.
5. Get help with the big stuff. Just as you should let the little stuff roll off. You have to find ways to deal with big issues. Read books, see your clergy person or a therapist whatever it takes to make sure you do not spend your life harboring resentment.
Spending your life with someone you love is worth almost any amount of struggle. The best way to save your relationship is by working on it each and every day.